Thursday, February 16, 2012

VD

I know Valentines Day is past but the more I thought about it the more I realized that it's the one holiday that legalizes prostitution nationwide.  Men buy women flowers, candy, lingerie, dinner, champagne, etc with the hopes /expectations of receiving some type of sex afterwards.  Now in all fairness I don't want to seem sexist because there are a few women out there that spend the money with the same expectations. The most expensive "prostitutes" expect an engagement ring and promise of marriage for the sexual exchange to take place.  This is a price that most men regret paying and vice versa.  It's akin to getting an incurable STD after a few months or years. 
I don't particularly care for VD (nice how the abbreviation of Valentines Day mimics the STD right?)
I would rather receive those items simply because I'm loved and without expectation...and I would rather give to my other half sexually because I strongly desire him/her and not because they paid me in gifts.  You see this on many other holidays as well but with Valentines day....it's a national /international expectation for people to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment