Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Miles to go before I sleep...

 It's a little before 8 a.m. and I'm thinking "there are miles to go before I sleep."  I don't mean before I go back to bed, I mean before I die.  I don't know how much time I have left here, none of us do.  I could be gone before I finish this blog or I could be around another 40 years.  Although, I'm highly doubtful I'll make it 40 years, you get the idea.  So, where do I have to go?  Italy, Spain, Australia?  No...I'm talking about my life's journey....my time with my family, my goals and accomplishments, my spiritual journey, my mental and emotional journey....just life. 
What am I going to do about ______________?  I could fill in this blank with a plethora of nouns.  I'm going to make (or try harder) each day count a little more.  Use my time a little more wisely.  Leave a footprint a little deeper in the muck and mud as I traverse through this life.  I love the quote on life, though I'm not for whom to attribute it, "I plan to skid in sideways, my body totally worn out! Chocolate in one hand, glass of wine in the other, smiling ear to ear, hooting "WOO HOO! What a RIDE!" 
I find myself re-examining my choices especially in careers.  I went into education to make a difference and for about three years I did.  I've been unemployed as a teacher longer than I've been employed and I can't help but wonder if it was the right choice to begin with.  Was it what God wanted me to do in my life?  I don't know, I didn't ask him.  I was pushed in that direction a little bit.  But ultimately I made the decision to become a teacher.  Am I good at it?  I'm not good at being overly stern with my students.  I'm more of a counselor.  I feel (and I've always had the desire) that I should have gone into the field of psychiatry and blend the Love of Jesus with counseling those in need.  Not to make a ton of money, though that would be nice, but to help people get past the obstacles in life and cope....maybe help them see the importance of loving others and loving themselves.  Most of us have had some difficulty in both areas.  
Perhaps that's a whole other blog or series of blogs.  For now...I'll leave it.  Just some thoughts oozing from my brain today.  The day's not over yet, so maybe I'll ooze a few more thoughts later on.  Love and Peace to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment